Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Burn 31

Last year I went to California to visit my friend Tom. His sister married one of my friends here in Texas, but my sister and I have been out to visit him a couple of times. It was really fun. I posted some pages from my journal on Calliope Arts, if you'd like to see them.

One of my teacher friends used to have her students bring her a bit of sand from their vacations. She had a collection of little plastic boxes full of sand, labeled with their origin. I wanted to save some sand from my trip and put it in a container. I wanted some shells too, but the beach at Hermosa was picked almost clean.

It took me a while to find a suitable bottle, but I got this one at an import store. It's got the sand from Hermosa, and the tiny shells we found.

This is in Prismacolor Sepia colored pencil.

No comments: